Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day 4 Sit Rep:

For the first 3 days, I kept feeling like each day was harder than the last. 100 miles a day is too many. I was making poor judgement calls, as I kept putting the clock before the experience and sometimes safety. After talking with people who care most about me, I've decided to slow down. Today I slept in a bit and enjoyed a hot breakfast, biked to Driskill and hiked the 20-minute trail to the summit, then got lost, which was wonderful. I got to talk with people and enjoy the hills. I'm now in Haynesville, LA. Just 4 miles south of the Arkansas border. I'm way behind schedule. But today was enjoyable, I hit a summit, and had Mexican for dinner while watching IronMan. Gonna cross into Arkansas in the morning. The plan for the rest of my tour is in flux right now. But strangers I met donated cash to the Philippines fundraiser. Whatever happens to my ride, the fundraiser is still
continuing. I'll explain more when I'm not on my flip phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment