Thursday, December 5, 2013

Donation Links for Philippines Typhoon Haiyan Relief now available

Me and the Saplads in Calbayog City, Philippines, 2012
Living in the Philippines was often difficult. In fact, it was the most challenging time of my life. But my host family, the Saplads, always provided me with the love and humor that got me through the hard days. They live in Calbayog City, where there is no power, high crime, and a surge of displaced people since Typhoon Haiyan struck the south end of the island of Samar.

We lost our Mama in October, a woman that was tough, loving, and humble. Despite these challenges, the boys are spending their time helping their neighbors and providing food relief to devastated eastern Samar communities. They are some of the most selfless people I have ever met.

A direct, person-to-person donation will help them, but will also help others struggling even more in parts of the Philippines that are not mentioned in international news. If you trust your money with a little leap of faith, this family will put it to the best use possible around the island.

Giving directly to strangers in a foreign country may, understandably, be discomforting for some. If you want any more information, email me personally at Low2HighExpeditions@gmail.com and I will answer all questions that I can.

If you wish to donate to the Saplads in Calbayog City, use the 'Donate' button in the right column. To donate to a relief organization in the Philippines, I have included links to several.

Salamat.

-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment